2011년 10월 13일 목요일

Twitter for teachers and learners

Before I read articles about twitters in classroom, I did not know that it could be a great tool to teach and learn. Also, I did not even know why people use twitter. However, articles from Joe Dale and Scott Akerson provided a good insight on how I could use twitter or microblogging for my own professional development and for my future students.  

Twitter allows students to interact with the other students in classrooms across the country so that students can learn from each other. Scott Akerson said that  twitter provides opportunities for connection, communication and collaboration to help the students’ learning experiences better and gives more motivation for students to prepare great presentation
For teachers, Joe Dale offers practical tips and advice on using twitter via video clips. The video clips explain how to use twitter for professional development. I have noticed that Twitter is a great tool to stay current with news and communication in general. It allows people to search for topics or people that might interest them in their field very easily. This is good for professional development because I can contact those who can give me good advice or search for information that will improve my teaching skills via twitter. 

댓글 1개:

  1. The trick to using Twitter for professional development is to choose good people to follow.

    답글삭제